Why Ohio Xtreme?
We feel we have a unique program to the NE Ohio Region. Our program is not just a loose collection of teams, but a true comprehensive basketball program. Our #1 focus is that each and every player gets the attention and training they need to become a better basketball player. Here are some bullet points about our program:
- All head coaches are experienced HS or College level coaches
- 2 practices a week, always at the same time and location
- Entire program practices at same location
- All coaches work with all of our players
- All players are treated and trained the same!
- Play in variety of tournaments to ensure good competition
- Only BlueStar program in NE Ohio
- Play in the USJN (US Junior Nationals) Exposure Circuit. USJN is the oldest and largest NCAA Exposure tournament circuit in the country!
- Being a BlueStar program, we play on the main courts of those events against the best competition
A former standout student-athlete from the University of Tennessee who played for the legendary Pat Summitt. Manning played in 139 games during her four seasons at Tennessee. By the time she concluded her career in 2012, Manning had been a part four NCAA Tournament invites, two of which ended in the "Elite 8". She also was part of three Southeastern Conference tournament championships and two SEC regular season titles. She was named to the SEC All-Tournament Team in 2011.
A native of Woodstock, Georgia, Manning played at Etowah High School where she was a 2008 McDonald's All-American and a member of a state championship winning team as a senior.
Since the conclusion of her playing days, Manning has pursued her goal of becoming a collegiate basketball coach by founding AMP'D (Alicia Manning Personal Development) Training in Knoxville. AMP'D is geared towards developing athletes into better people and performers, and has served to train boys and girls ranging in ages from 8-17 years old that centered on versatile sessions with basketball skills, speed and agility, strength and conditioning work, and sport psychology consulting.
Three-time All-MAC (third team in 2013-14; first team in 2012-13; second team in 2011-12) ... Finalist for 2014 Nancy Lieberman Award, recognizing top point guard in NCAA Division I college basketball ... Participated at 2014 Pro Hoops Combine in Nashville in conjunction with Women’s NCAA Final Four (Invitation only event that provided opportunity to be seen by WNBA coaches and staff members) ... Two-time Preseason All-MAC West Division Team selection (2013-14; 2012-13) ... Two-time MAC Defensive Player of the Year (2012-13; 2011-12) ... First Rocket to garner league’s top defensive player award in school history.
Played professionally in Russia for the TSMOKI-MINSK in the EuroCup League and is a former Ohio Xtreme player.